In collaboration with a number of accomplished local biologists and environmental scientists, Focused Vision Consulting (FVC) is committed to working with our clients to achieve sustainable outcomes for the delivery of projects, including those requiring fauna assessments.
Flora, vegetation, fauna and habitat assessments are a specialty of the FVC team. Our permanent staff provides professionals with decades of biological assessment experience across Western Australia, who are regarded as some of the leaders in their field. We regularly team with a small number of trusted sub-consultants, where specialist or large-scale fauna surveys are required.
Key Fauna Capabilities
FVC, teamed with our specialist fauna sub-consultants, are specialists in biological assessments, including fauna and habitat surveys and impact assessments, fauna monitoring programs and fauna management plans.
Our fauna assessment capabilities include:
- Fauna surveys and habitat surveys across all of Western Australia and beyond
- Targeted threatened fauna surveys, with particular experience in Black-cockatoo habitat assessments
- Level 1 fauna surveys
- Level 2 fauna surveys
- Fauna and habitat impact assessment
- Fauna monitoring program design, execution and reporting
- Fauna management plans.
Key Relevant Project Experience
- Integrated Project Team (IPT) (for Main Roads WA, via Jacobs), Great Northern Highway, Bindoon Bypass, flora, vegetation, Banksia woodland and fauna assessments (2016-2019)
- Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage, Russell Road MRS Review, environmental impact assessment, including fauna surveys and targeted Black-cockatoo habitat assessments (2019)
- Main Roads WA, Tonkin Hwy, Tonkin Gap, biological assessments and environmental impact assessment, including targeted Black-cockatoo habitat assessments, Environmental Management Plan, State & Commonwealth referrals (2018-2020)
- City of Cockburn, Aboriginal Cultural and Visitor’s Centre, biological and environmental impact assessments, including targeted Black-cockatoo habitat assessments (2019)
- Water Corporation, Caddadup Reserve, flora, vegetation and fauna assessment, including targeted Black-cockatoo habitat assessment and site option analysis (2017-2018)
- City of Cockburn, Merevale Gardens, biological assessment, including Level 1 fauna and targeted Black-cockatoo habitat assessment (2019)
- Main Roads WA, Moondah proposed offset site, biological assessments, including targeted Black-cockatoo habitat assessment (2019)
- City of Cockburn, Cockburn Central East Local Structure Plan area and Verde Drive extension, biological assessments, including targeted Banksia Woodland TEC assessments (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Perth Airport, Black-cockatoo habitat assessments of proposed development and offset sites (2016-2017)
- Forrestania Operations, North Ironcap and Bad Bat projects, Level 1 fauna assessment with reconnaissance flora and vegetation survey (2018)
- Integrated Project Team (IPT) (for Main Roads WA, via Jacobs), Great Northern Highway, targeted Black-cockatoo habitat assessment, Hill River offset site (2016-2019)
- Watpac Civil, Miling Bypass, Great Northern Highway, targeted Black-cockatoo habitat assessment (2018)
- Main Roads WA, Tonkin Highway Grade Separated Intersection, Martin, Principal Shared Path, biological assessments, including fauna and habitat survey and targeted Black-cockatoo habitat assessment (2019)
"Amongst the many high-quality attributes descriptive of the FVC team, the highlights centre on the excellent quality of their work, the responsive and timely approach to scopes, the general lack of there ever needing to be rework, and the robust reliability of their deliverables and advice."
Jonathan Davies, Executive Advisor to the COO, Jacobs, 2019